Sunday 7 February 2016

Week 51: Voice Qualities (Part 1)

Continuing my series on relating 'Sound to the Anatomy' when training. I'm dealing with "Voice Qualities" for several weeks
1. A "Voice Quality" refers to a type of sound we can produce, & which is directly related to movements of the component parts of the larynx.
2. A "Voice Quality" is determined by the position of the larynx in the throat & how the moving parts of the larynx relate to each other.
3. A learned component, such as the native spoken language & regional accent, can also determine a "Voice Quality".
4. Before naming the Voice Qualities I refer to when training a voice, it is important to state that I do not subscribe to any 'Method'!
5. Before embarking on Voice Quality usage next week I here state my singing influences: Bel Canto, Husler, Estill & my own extensive research!



- Visit us at our official website: Daily Singing Tips
- Follow us at Facebook and Twitter!


- Ross Campbell
Professor of Singing, Royal Academy of Music, London Director & Head of Singing, Musical Theatre Ireland, MTI Award winning Author for ABRSM Songbooks 1 – 51-to-1 Vocal Training & Consultations availablewww.rosscampbell.bizwww.musicaltheatreireland.ie
www.rosscampbelluk.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment